We are excited for our upcoming Halloween Party and Haunted House. Come show us your costume!
All events are register/pay at the door
OCT 23 BATTLE OF THE BOWS: Individual Competition at CEC
OCT 30 Saturday Nights at the Castle: HAUNTED HOUSE
NOV 5 Stadium Flowers Fundraiser Closes FORMS DUE
NOV 6 Picture Day
NOV 13 BATTLE AT THE CASTLE: Showcase at CEC
NOV 20 COMPETITION DAY: Kingdom, Reign, & Monarchs
NOV 22 Stadium Flowers Fundraiser PICK UP DAY
NOV 21-27 GYM CLOSED for Thanksgiving
OPEN GYM DATES
Oct 2, 9, 16, 23, 30
Nov 6, 13, 20
Dec 4, 11, 19
Jan 8, 16, 23, 29
LETTER FROM THE DIRECTOR
Battle of the Bows is this Saturday! We are super excited for our first competition coming up this weekend. This event is for ANY athlete, age 5+ that takes classes or is on a team at Cascade Elite (except tiny tots).
BATTLE OF THE BOWS FAQ: Scroll down to the bottom article.
FOOTBALL GAMES: We found out last week that our Junior aged football team has forfeited for the season, likely due to roster numbers. COVID quarantines have made it difficult to keep numbers up. This means we are down to one football team, PeeWee, which is ages 5-7. Duchess and Royals will each get to cheer at one game (schedule to be released hopefully next week). Majesties & Tiaras may or may not attend another game, depending on how many more games we are scheduled for. Since our older team has forfeited, Kingdom, Reign, and Monarchs will NOT be cheering for a football game this year. We have requested a waiver from the competition board and do not suspect it being an issue. I will update you all when I have more info.
FUNDRAISING: We are launching the Stadium Flowers fundraiser today! Flyers were sent home to travel team athletes on Friday. Here is the link for the digital copy of the instructions and order form. Forms are due November 5th. This is the LAST fundraiser of the season, so make it count!
UNIFORMS: Most uniforms are out or on the pick up table to be handed out this week! The rhinestones we are waiting on were delivered, and therefore the rest of the tops will be handed Friday. For those that don't practice on Fridays, they can change into their uniform upon arrival on Saturday, or pop by Friday to pick it up. There will be a few pairs of shoes that will not be here in time for the competition this weekend (a few sizes were on backorder). Those athletes may borrow shoes from our shoes racks (we have nearly every size) or they can wear socks or clean white sneakers this weekend to compete. We are still waiting on a couple backpacks we are hoping done by the middle of the week.
See the article at the bottom with details of this weekend's event Battle of the Bows!
Let me know if you have any questions,
Carrie, she/her, 425-466-0810, email@example.com
Kayla, she/her, 206-451-9810, firstname.lastname@example.org
... continued below the weekly highlight
Material for Battle of the Bows is posted on our Instagram account for Group 2, If your child would like to get a head start on learning it.
Group 1 material will only be taught in person.
battle of the bows
BATTLE OF THE BOWS: For all the event details, see the last Weekly Update. I've received a few questions this week:
1) HOW DO I REGISTER AND PAY? For this year's events, you do not need to register ahead of time. All registration and payments will be taken at the door. To speed up check in, we recommend sending your child with $25* in cash (exact change) or a check made out to Cascade Elite Cheer. Otherwise, we ask you to walk your child in to pay by card at the desk.
*Note: If you are currently not a member, the $50 annual membership fee will apply. All team athlete's are automatically members.
2) WILL THERE BE MERCH AGAIN? We are not doing merch for competitions this year. We only did that last year because we weren't able to attend any in person comps and pick up merchandise there. However, this year we have over 200 bows for prizes!
3) IS THIS COMPETITION MANDATORY? Battle of the Bows is an individual competition, meaning athletes are not competing as a team. If they have something pre-scheduled and cannot make the competition, let Carrie or their head coach know and it'll be excused.
4) WHEN DOES MY CHILD COMPETE? The competition is on Saturday, October 23rd. We will post performances throughout the day on our Cascade Instagram account. Make sure you know if your child is in Group 1 or Group 2 to drop them at the correct time.
PARKING: During the 6:00 hour this weekend, the parking lot will be very full. A few things you can do to help make sure things run smoothly:
1) Arrive 10-15 minutes early for Group 1 Pick Up. We will try to release them early to get traffic moving.
2) Drop off for Group 2 no earlier than 5:55pm
3) Please DO NOT STOP in the traffic circle to wait. This blocks other parents from dropping off and prevents the circle from moving (this goes for regular pick up too). Instead, you may wait in the front, side, or back parking stalls (you can park in Battery Systems after 5:00), pull around the traffic circle, drive around the block, or wait in Community Health Services parking lot until class is dismissed.
EVENTS: We have released our Saturday Night's at the Castle event list! For more details see FORMS & LINKS.
TRAVEL: The last two fundraisers are still active: Stadium Flowers closes 11/5 and Business Sponsorships is still going through the end of the year FORMS & LINKS.
PROSHOP: ProShop is open and stocked with practice and warm up wear! Cheer Mom and Dad hoodies coming soon.
LAST WEEK-LY: Additional details for Battle of the Bows!