job description: specialty coach
- Duties: Head coach for at least one team and two classes. Plans practices and choreography for their team and builds curriculum for classes. Staff coaches have a say in which team/teams they coach, but cannot reject assignments.
- Availability: Must be regularly available at least 3 days per week, up to 5 hours per day (typically scheduled for 2-4 hour shifts). Schedule determined by supervisor at the beginning of the season, but will make attempts to have classes on the same day as their team practices. A specialty coach can alter availability if approved by their supervisor.
- Annual Review: Subject to annual review and regular development meetings
- Schedule Changes: Schedule changes for the season will be discussed with the coach before permanent or temporary adjustments are made. The coach must notify their supervisor of planned absences at least one week in advance (unless sick or emergency). Must also make reasonable attempts to find a suitable replacement and leave a practice plan for replacement to follow.
- Hourly Rate: Barter at $15 per hour towards National's team competition fees & travel expenses