Job DescriptioN: Staff Coach
- Duties: Head coach for at least one team and three classes. Plans practices and choreography for their team and builds curriculum for classes. Staff coaches have a say in which team/teams they coach, but cannot reject assignments.
- Availability: Must be regularly available at least 3 days per week, up to 5 hours per day (typically scheduled for 2-4 hour shifts). Schedule determined by supervisor at the beginning of the season, but may be adjusted throughout the season as necessary. A staff coach can alter availability if approved by their supervisor. Paid planning time of 30 minutes per week per team and 15 minutes per week per class. Must be reasonably available to cover shifts for planned and unplanned absences.
- Annual Review: Subject to annual review and regular development meetings
- Schedule Changes: Schedule changes for the season will be determined by the supervisor. Schedule changes can be made by the supervisor with no less than one weeks notice following the coach’s regular availability. The coach must notify their supervisor of planned absences at least two weeks in advance (unless sick or emergency). Must also make reasonable attempts to find a suitable replacement and leave a practice plan for replacement to follow.
- Hourly Rate: Minimum wage